Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Radiologic Technologist for one of our medical facility clients located in Flushing, New York. This job operates in a Medical Outpatient Primary Care Patient environment. This role routinely uses standard medical office equipment such as desktop computers, phone, scanner, printer, keyboard, photocopiers, imaging systems/machines, and other medical equipment related to the position.
- Flushing, NY
- Monday through Saturday (5 days with 2 day off) Saturday is Mandatory
Travel -- No travel is expected for this position.
Reporting to the X Ray Supervisor, the Radiologic Technologist will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Performs general radiographic examinations including bone density scans and specifically mammography.
- Accurately follows physician’s orders for radiographic studies.
- Screens positive radiographic reports to determine if a follow-up is necessary.
- Positions the patient properly and assist patients on and off the table as needed.
- Interacts with patients, explains procedure to patient/family members.
- Interacts with patients/family member to address customer service/patient care issues.
- Positions radiation protection devices such as lead shields.
- Set x-ray equipment at the correct angle and height over the appropriate area of a patient’s body.
- Set controls on the x-ray machine to produce x-rays or radiographs of the appropriate density, detail, and contrast.
- Maintains patient records and adjust/maintain equipment.
- Assist in the collection of performance improvement data
- Recognize need for prompt medical attention and take necessary steps to assist.
- Responsible for medical equipment attached to patients (e.g., oxygen) during the radiographic procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient’s information.
- Screens radiologists reports for errors.
- Follows all radiation safety protocols.
- May be required to perform other duties in the department.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Radiological Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a hospital or diagnostic setting.
- Knowledge and experience in quality control.
- Licensed by the State of New York.
- Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography and Mammography.
- New York State Department of Health certificate of registration as a Radiological Technologist.
Preferred but not required
- E Clinical works experience preferred
Comments are closed.