Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for a Bilingual Spanish Registered Nurse with Psychiatric experience for one of our clinics located in Nassau County, NY.
The RN will provide individual, family and group clinical services to support people including children, adolescents, adults, and families from all walks of life who are experiencing life stressors or acute behavioral challenges at the clinic.
This job is a great opportunity for qualified Registered Nurses seeking hands on experience with a variety of populations.
- Monday through Friday 830am-430pm, no weekends
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Asses and triage patient appropriately based on their acuity
- Conducts assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Provides general nursing care to the patients in accordance to the nursing standards.
- Consults with psychiatrists and other behavioral health staff in designing appropriate treatment options.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with the nursing standards.
- Assess, observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to treatment to the team.
- Educates patient/family about procedures, medications, nutritional maintenance of health and wellness.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team in planning the care of the patient and discharge planning including follow-up and outreach after discharge.
- Maintain examination rooms for necessary supplies and equipment.
- Ensure cleanliness in the worker area. Keeping neat and orderly.
- Prepares supplies and equipment and assist providers during examinations and treatment.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- NY State RN License
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- BSN a plus
- Experience working with diverse populations and crisis intervention
- Commitment to customer service excellence and a warm and engaging presence
- Computer skills and experience working with electronic medical records
- Psychiatric and Substance use disorder experience is a plus
- Experience working with people diagnosed with I/DD is a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish speaking a plus