PACU Nurse - RN
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking a Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (PACU Registered Nurse) for a prestigious hospital in Newark NJ.
A post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) is a vital part of Periop within the hospital setting normally centrally located to operating rooms. PACU staff provides care for patients recovering from general, regional, or local anesthesia. Unless complications occur, most patients only stay in the PACU for a few hours before returning home or to another department of the hospital.
Venue type: Hospital
Location: Newark NJ
Job Type: 3 shifts per week.
Days: Monday-Friday + Weekends
PACU Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Monitoring vital signs (heart rate, blood pressure, temperature and respiratory rate)
- Treating symptoms of postoperative nausea and vomiting (or PONV)
- Managing post-operative pain
- Treating post-anesthetic shivering
- Monitoring surgical site(s) for excessive bleeding discharge, swelling, hematoma, redness, etc.
- PACU RNs often coordinate the delivery of care for post-anesthesia patients immediately following surgical procedures, so that the physical, psychological, safety, rehabilitative and education needs of patients and their family members are met.
PACU Nurse Requirements:
- NJ Registered Nurse license
- General Recovery experience required
- ACLS required
- PACU acute care experience required