Horizon Healthcare Staffing, a CACH certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) for an assignment with one of our top healthcare clients in Fairlawn NJ.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Oncology RN will care for critically or chronically ill cancer patients. They will administer chemotherapy, implement new methods of symptom treatment and monitor their patients' progress. Oncology nurses also create a supportive environment.
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of I.V. drugs to chemotherapy patients under the supervision of the physician
- Responsible for advising supervisors of medication and supply needs
- Education of cancer patients on nutrition and side effects of the drug used in treatment
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Educate cancer patients about treatment options, procedures and particularities of the disease.
- Current New Jersey RN License
- Oncology Certification preferred
- I.V. Certification
- BLS Certification
- Mixing experience preferred
- Experience with an EMR system
- Knowledge of chemotherapy drugs