Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an excellent occupational therapist job opportunity in a Nassau County, New York based Skilled Nursing Facility. This occupational therapist job is a full time ongoing position.
We are seeking dedicated and hardworking candidates to fill our client’s needs. Occupational therapy services help patients regain functional mobility and relearn everyday physical skills that were lost due to physical, psychological, or developmental disabilities.
An occupational therapy job focuses on the activities of daily living. OTs take great care in evaluating a resident to determine how that person’s cognitive and functional abilities, limb movements, coordination, mobility, fine motor skills, balance and vision affect his or her ability to perform tasks.
If you are a registered New York State occupational therapist, we encourage you to apply through our website and start your career or begin a new chapter in your career with Horizon Healthcare Staffing.
OT Job Details:
Position Type: Ongoing, Full-Time
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-4pm
Location: Nassau County, NY
– New graduates encouraged to apply
Occupational Therapist Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing skilled occupational therapy services/interventions in accordance with Physician orders
- Assessing patient needs, planning for, evaluating, and modifying care to meet goals of Occupational Therapy Interventions
- Collaborating with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient
- Instructing patient/family/caregivers on patient’s total occupational therapy program
- Advising, consulting, and instructing members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific occupational therapy modalities
- Observing and reporting patient progress and/or changes in patient status to Physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members
- Other duties as assigned
Occupational Therapist Job Requirements:
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Valid New York State Occupational Therapist license
- New grads encouraged to apply
- Master's degree in occupational therapy