Nurse (RN / LPN) – School Bus Transportation
School Nurse (RN / LPN) - Bus Transportation
Location: Elizabeth, NJ
As one of the primary staffing agencies for the Elizabeth School District, Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for nurses that feel comfortable working with children of all ages. We have 27 Bus Transportation cases with this school district alone! There are plenty of opportunities for full-time or part-time!
- RN/LPN is needed to work with a special needs student in a 1:1 capacity during their transportation to and from school on the school bus.
- The assignment would be both AM and PM bus rides with the student.
- Each bus ride will pay a minimum of 2 hours no matter the time it takes.
Hours and Schedule:
- School schedules run Monday through Friday.
- Hours are dependent on school placement/grade levels.
Bus Transportation Responsibilities:
- The nurse will be responsible for meeting the parent/student at the student’s home and ride the bus to school.
- Provide comprehensive medical assessment according to nursing practice standards.
- Monitor and administer medication(s) and give treatment(s) if needed.
- Respond to and assess emergency health needs of students.
- Ensure the safety of the child.
- Documentation of daily activity.
- New Jersey Nursing License
- 1 year experience as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Active CPR Card
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (We reimburse!)