Nurse Reviewer - RN
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Nurse Review (RN) for one of our clients located in Albany, NY.
- Monday through Friday
- Temp to Perm
The RN will work under the direction of the Supervisor performing Maternal Mortality and Office-Based Surgery clinical reviews. Maternal Mortality Reviews (MMR) occur when it is reported to the Department of Health that a mother’s death may be related to prenatal, perinatal, or post-partum diagnoses. Office-Based Surgery (OBS) reviews are reported to the Department of Health when an adverse event report is submitted to the Department of Health resulting from such surgery.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting clinical reviews of medical records
- Developing and drafting reports and tracking status of documents and reviews.
- New York Licensed Registered Nurse, required.
- Four (4) years of clinical practice experience in an acute care facility or community-based setting, required.
- Experience in an acute or ambulatory care healthcare facility reviewing charts for the purpose of quality improvement or utilization review, preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current disease/care management/coordination trends, preferred.
- Obstetrical experience in a clinical setting, preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Ability to gather and analyze information from records, reports, and to the sources.
- The ability to travel within NYS, as needed.