Job Title: Nurse Reviewer (RN)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an excellent job opportunity for a Nurse Reviewer (RN) in Albany, New York. The Registered Nurse will work closely with the supervisor of the team performing clinical reviews or making determinations concerning Maternal Mortality Reviews (MMR) where it was reported to the Department that a mother’s death may be related to prenatal, perinatal, or post-partum diagnoses.
- Conduct clinical reviews of charts from a variety of sources as well as other documents crucial to the review as appropriate.
- Develop and draft reports of clinical reviews performed in the form(s) required by the Department.
- Other activities, including clinical reviews, as may be deemed necessary in response to the changing needs of the Utilization Review program.
- Strong analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Ability to gather and analyze information from records, reports, and other sources.
- The ability to travel within NYS as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in New York State.
- A minimum of four years of clinical practice experience in a facility or community-based setting including medical, surgical, and/or obstetrical experience.
- Minimum of two years of acute care hospital
- Experience in an acute or ambulatory care healthcare facility reviewing charts for the purpose of quality improvement or utilization review, preferred.
- Knowledgeable of current disease/care management/coordination trends, preferred.
- Practice experience in obstetrics, preferred.