Nurse Reviewer (RN)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for a Nurse Reviewer (RN) for one of our clients in Nassau County, NY. The Registered Nurse will work under the direction of the supervisor of the team performing clinical review of assigned special projects (sepsis and COVID)
- Temporary position
- Monday through Friday
- Nassau County, NY
- No Travel
- New Grads Welcome
- Conduct clinical reviews of medical records from a variety of sources as well as other documents crucial to the review as appropriate.
- Develop and draft reports of clinical review performed in the forms(s) required by the Department.
- Other activities, including clinical reviews, as may be deemed necessary
- Current licensure as a registered professional nurse in New York State.
- Four (4) years of clinical practice experience in a facility or community based setting including medical and surgical experience a plus
- Two (2) years of acute care hospital experience a plus
- Experience in an acute or ambulatory care healthcare facility reviewing charts for the purpose of quality improvement or utilization review, preferred.
- Strong clinical and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- The ability to working independently, as well as in a team environment.
- The ability to prioritize reviews and projects to be completed.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including Work and Excel.
- Ability to gather and analyze information from records, reports, and to the sources.
- Knowledgeable of current disease/care management/coordination trends, preferred.