Horizon Healthcare Staffing, a NY Metropolitan Area leader in School Nursing Services to public and private schools, is seeking a Registered Nurse to add to our Internal Case Management staff (Monday through Friday normal business hours) in our Hicksville, NY Corporate Headquarters.
- The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills, be very organized, and enjoys working on the phone.
- The position pays a competitive annual salary plus monthly incentive bonuses (based on previous experience).
- This is a full-time position Monday through Friday and includes benefits such as paid vacation, personal and sick days as well as a company medical plan.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing Cases with special needs students in Long Island schools
- Functioning as our company liaison for field registered nurses working on 1:1 student cases.
- Coordinating the placement of the nurses onto new assignments.
- Responsible for managing the charts and quality assurance of our company’s long-term assignments.
- Assisting with training per diem staff in the policies and procedures of the company as well as best practices for working with special needs children.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a NYS Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing
- Have at least three years of clinical / business experience.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have very good computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Word
- Have a valid NYS driver’s license and a car as the position does include periodic travel on Long Island and the boroughs of NYC