Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Registered Nurse with long term care experience for a non clinical position. Other auditing, chart review, surveyor experience is a plus. This job opening is located in Western Nassau County.
The Registered Nurse will be responsible for reviewing external appeals contracts. There will be **NO TRAVEL** involved. This is an office setting position.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Type: 3 month assignment with the possibility of going longer
Location: Nassau County, New York
- Responsible for the daily review for external appeal contracts
- Assists physician reviewers to complete review activities and bring problems to the attention of the Assistant Director.
- Assist with development of new review tools as products are developed
- Screening and write up of external appeal review cases
- Follow up with patients, insurers and providers relative to the external appeal process
- Prepare final report determinations for external appeals
- Tracking of cases to ensure timely response
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 4 years experience in an acute care setting
- Ability to meet short turnaround deadlines for deliverables.
- NYS Licensed RN and a graduate of an approved, registered professional nursing program, required. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, preferred.
Minimum of 4 years experience in an acute care setting