Full Time NIGHT SHIFT (12am-8:30am)
Farmingdale, NY area
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Certified Medical Technologist for one of our clients located in Suffolk County, NY. This is a full time permanent night shift position form 12am-830am.
Some of the job functions include:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures.
- Review and release test results.
- Follow all safety regulations
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies,
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
- Must be a Generalist capable of running all platforms with CBC differential experience.
- Must be Certfied to practice as a Medical Technologist
- 1 year of clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask
- Must have Great customer services skills and be able to maintain a confidential working environment