Job title: Medical Assistant
We are seeking a full time Medical Assistant for a Surgical Center in Bedminster, NJ specializing in Orthopedic and Sports Medicine.
The Medical Assistant's main responsibility is to assist the providers in delivering exceptional patient care. The Medical Assistant will be responsible for:
- Bring patients to exam rooms, confirms purpose of visit, and verifies patient information by interviewing patient, records medical histories.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test such as vital signs, blood pressure
- Enters all appropriate information into the patient's EMR chart.
- Maintains confidentiality when interacting with patients, families, personnel and the public
- Assist the physician or physician assistant with minor procedures
- Assure that all medication was sent over properly to patients’ pharmacy
- Prepare all exam rooms before and after shifts
- Preforms other duties as requested by Management, Physician Assistants and Physicians
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certificate from accredited school for Medical Assistants
- Previous healthcare experience
- Orthopedics experience preferred
- Understanding of all medical terminology including, but not limited to medications, surgical procedures and diseases.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal and communication skills