Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for LPNs for one of our Skilled Nursing Facilities located in Westchester, New York.
- Long Term Care
- All shifts available
- 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am
- Westchester, NY
The licensed practical nurse is a staff nurse who provides direct, primary nursing care to residents and delegates and supervises the care provided by certified nursing assistants.
- Meets with members of the interdisciplinary team to assess, plan, coordinate, and evaluate residents’ care.
- Documents nursing activities accurately and in a timely manner.
- Receives and records physicians’ orders.
- Communicates staffing problems and needs to the charge nurse.
- Develops work assignments for nursing assistants and other staff under his/her supervision.
- Reports problems and complaints to the charge nurse.
- Provides feedback to nurse managers regarding performance of nursing assistants.
- Receives and provides end of shift report.
- Assists in admission, transfer, and discharge of residents.
- Reports maintenance and housekeeping needs.
- Identifies and reports needs for supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality assurance activities.
- Greets and admits new residents.
- Makes rounds with physicians and other team members as needed.
- Assesses residents and assists in completion of Minimum Data Set.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and revising residents’ care plans.
- Coordinates residents’ care activities.
- Identifies and reports changes in residents’ status to physicians, responsible family members, and supervisory nursing staff.
- Recommends, communicates, and implements changes in residents’ care plans.
- Communicates care activities and change to other team members.
- Administers treatments and other direct care.
- Collects specimens as ordered.
- Implements restorative and rehabilitative nursing programs.
- Assists with emergencies; administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Communicates educational needs of staff to staff development coordinator and supervisors.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Provides instruction to staff as needed.
- Provides education to residents and families.
- Attends continuing education programs to maintain competency and improve knowledge and skills.
- Monitors and evaluates unit’s staff efficiency; identifies inefficiencies and plans strategies to improve inefficiencies.
- Monitors staff stress levels and implements processes to maintain healthy levels.
- Educates staff in self care and general health practices.
- Supports practices that promote holistic health of staff.
- Current LPN license in New York
- At least one (1) year of nursing experience
- Continuing education or special preparation or experience in gerontological and/or long-term care nursing desirable