Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for and Licensed Practical Nurses in Bridgewater-Raritan, NJ. We currently have needs for LPNs to work in the health office as a general school nurse.
If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and are looking for a career with a company that values their nurses and strives to provide the highest quality nursing care, this is the type of job for you.
School Nurse Job Details:
The LPN will work as a float nurse in various schools throughout the school district. The nurse will support the primary nurse with screening, charting, and day-to-day procedures.
The schedule is 5 days per week. Hours will vary depending on the location the nurse is at each day.
Why Choose Horizon?
When you apply to Horizon Healthcare Staffing, one of our recruiters will discuss all Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nurse open assignments. The recruiter will work with you and guide you through your options, so you are comfortable and put in a position to succeed in accordance with your skills and experience. Horizon has TWO internal staff RNs who are here for you every hour of every assignment.
We also offer:
- Weekly Pay
- Dedicated Nurse Educator to provide support and medical updates
- 401K after a year
- Educational Webinar taught by RNs
- NJ Sick Time
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
School Nurse Job Requirements:
- Must have one year of professional experience as a Nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (We reimburse!)
- Must be willing to obtain Substitute School Nurse certificate (We reimburse!)