LPN – Adult Medicine
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is currently seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to work in the Adult Medicine department of a Community Health Center located in Newark, NJ.
The right candidate must be available for full-time.
· Monday – Friday
o 8:30am – 4:30pm
o One late night a week, 11am – 7pm
· Every other Saturday
o Approx. 9am-1pm
*O.T. provided if 40+ hours worked, depending on that week’s schedule*
· Perform patient assessments, chief complaints, inputting information into the EHS electronic health record and New Jersey State Immunization Information System.
· Educates patients on disease prevention, symptom care, and related issues under the direction of the doctor.
· Follow standing orders and immunization best practices, interpret results, monitor post vaccination, medication administration, TB testing, provide emergency care if needed, and report patient conditions to supervisor.
· Provide culturally sensitive effective communication with families and maintain the clinical flow.
The nurse needs a strong background in a clinic setting, will eventually be working independently.
· Current NJ Nursing License
· Current and valid BLS certification
· Current PPD and Physical required.
· Excellent Communication Skills.
· Triage experience is preferred.
· Must be comfortable with EMR.
Comments are closed.