Intake RN (Internal Position)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing, a New Jersey leader in School Nursing Services to public and private schools, is seeking a Intake Registered Nurse to add to our Internal Case Management staff in our Manalapan, NJ office.
The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills, be very organized, and enjoys working on the phone.
This position is Temp-Hire, we are flexible to either part time or full time 8am-4pm.
The nurse must be available full time for orientation.
This role will be responsible for:
- Intake RN will work alongside the case managers to open new cases
- Intake RN will conduct a detailed health assessment with student’s parents via phone.
- Intake RN will then get consent forms signed by those parents and retrieve doctors’ orders that coincide with the needs of the student during school hours. The Intake RN must remain diligent in retrieving both consents and accurate doctors’ orders. This often times is a back and forth with the doctor’s office and parents. We cannot provide a 1:1 nurse without these orders/consents in place.
- After conducting the assessment and receiving orders the Intake RN is responsible for creating the documentation needed to start the case. This includes creating a Plan of Care utilizing nursing diagnosis' and filling in the templates for Medication Administration Records and Medication Profiles.
- Once the intake process is completed the RN case manager will then take over.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a NJ State Registered Nurse (RN)
- Have at least three years of clinical / business experience.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have very good computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Word