FT Line Supervisor – Histology (8pm-430am M-F, occasional Saturday)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a line supervisor for one of our clients located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. The line supervisor precisely and accurately performs and supervises the performance of routine and specialized histology techniques and procedures. Duties also include optimization of IHC protocol, reagent and supply inventory management, IHC study documentation and reporting, and training of colleagues in IHC procedures.
The line supervisor provides direct bench supervision for the daily technical and clerical workload. Responsible for maintaining standard operating procedure, quality control and approved quality assurance. Maintains the department and manuals to be ready for inspections on an ongoing basis. Coordinates and supervises Senior and bench level technologist as well as lab aides. Microscopically reviews discrepancies found on daily Quality Control (QC) and abnormal review making recommendations to senior technologist for revised interpretation if necessary.
In addition, the Line Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Monitoring technologist compliance with department quality assurance program as established by department manager and Department Director maintaining proper documentation of both technical and clerical errors.
- The day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of the technical and support staff. In conjunction with the Department Manager, ensures that all departmental policies and procedures meet the standards of current state and federal regulations.
- Providing technical feedback to staff regarding performance, documenting corrective action and reviewing cases at bi-headed scope as deemed necessary
- Providing backup for bench Histotechnicians/Histotechnologists in sectioning and staining
- Reviewing follow up data making recommendations to Director for revised interpretive criteria as needed.
- Makes certain that all federal, state and other regulatory standards are followed.
- 4-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in a high volume independent laboratory a plus.
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- License as a Histology technologist and a supervisor and/or ASCP certification as a Histology technologist.
- Successful completion of pre-employment proficiency screening exam and color blindness test.
- IAC certification preferred.
- Proficient with light microscopy, microtome, tissue processors, stainer, embedding stations, IHC platforms and other laboratory specimen preparation equipment.
- Working knowledge of LIS and PC network environment to include word-processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- Detailed comprehension of state, federal and professional regulations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced courses in Business, Management or Science preferred