FT Histology Supervisor – Boston, MA area (M-F 9pm-530am)
Excellent opportunity working near the city of Boston! The Histology Supervisor will responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Histology laboratory and supervision of the technical and support staff. In conjunction with the Department Manager, ensures that all departmental policies and procedures meet the standards of current state and federal regulations.
Some of the functions the candidate can expect, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise the Histotechs, Lab Aides, Grossing Personnel, and other support staff.
- Schedule and maintain adequate coverage and effective utilization of personnel.
- Monitor and control expenses in line with department budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and recommend capital equipment needs.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies and reagents commensurate with workload.
- Provide technical instructions and training of personnel in techniques, instrumentation, and organization of work.
- Maintain a current procedure manual, reviewing and revising as needed.
- Interview and select potential employees in conjunction with the Manager.
- Write and conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Maintain appropriate Quality Assurance documentation.
- Ensure that all employees comply with all safety regulations, including personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Other duties, as assigned by manager.
- 3-6 years experience as a Histotechnologist, with 1-2 years in a leadership role preferred.
- HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- BS degree in Biological/Physical sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent salary and benefits package available and sign on bonus, relocation and incentive package!