Horizon Healthcare Staffing is experiencing tremendous growth and is the primary agency for the entire Elizabeth, New Jersey school district.
We are looking for nurses that feel comfortable working with children of all ages. With 77 schools in the district, there are plenty of opportunities to work as a substitute school nurse, chaperone school trips, and/or work with a child in a 1:1 capacity.
This opportunity may be for you if:
- You enjoy working with children in an autonomous environment and have done so in the past.
- You want a flexible work/life balance. With our per diem scheduling, you decide when and how much you want to work.
- You love taking on difficult tasks and do not get flustered easily.
- Being the sole health care provider makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
You MUST have:
- 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse. (Clinical experience does not count)
- A current BLS
- Must be willing to get fingerprinted for the New Jersey Department of Education
- Must be willing to obtain a school nurse certificate issued by the Commissioner of Education (No worries, we make it easy!)