THIS WILL BE A DRIVE THRU FLU CLINIC/EVENT
(Events will take place in stadiums and college parking lots)
The Flu Nurse is a Registered Nurse and/or a Licensed Practical Nurse who seeks to protect the community from vaccine preventable diseases by providing immunization services to the general public.
The nurse assesses the immunization status of clients, administers vaccines, and educates clients and caregivers about immunizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets professional nursing standards and pertinent local, state, and federal requirements Maintains and delivers quality service Sets up individual clinic sites
- Draws up vaccines according to manufacturer's instructions and administers them using safe and proper techniques and a system of double checks to ensure accuracy
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste in the appropriate and prescribed manner
- Clinics are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subjective to the nurse's personal schedule. This allows for countless opportunities to pick up extra shifts, hours, and income on a per diem basis.
- 1+ year of experience administering vaccinations / injections in a fast-paced environment
- Associate's and/or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Active NJ Registered Nurse (RN) or (LPN)license
- BLS certification