Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking full time RNs for a Mass Flu Project located in Newark, NJ. The Flu Nurse is a Registered Nurse who seeks to protect the community from vaccine preventable diseases by providing immunization services to the general public.
Clinics are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subjective to the nurse's personal schedule. This allows for countless opportunities to pick up extra shifts, hours, and income on a per diem basis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets professional nursing standards and pertinent local, state, and federal requirements
- The nurse assesses the immunization status of clients, administers vaccines, and educates clients and caregivers about immunizations.
- Sets up individual clinic sites
- Draws up vaccines according to manufacturer's instructions and administers them using safe and proper techniques and a system of double checks to ensure accuracy
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste in the appropriate and prescribed manner
- 1+ year of experience administering vaccinations / injections in a fast-paced environment
- Associate's and/or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Active NJ Registered Nurse (RN)
- BLS certification+ Physical within 1 year