Horizon Healthcare Staffing
Family Nurse Practitioner
Nassau County, NY
Exciting opportunity to join a cardiovascular practice in Nassau County, New York.
- Monday through Friday
- Schedule based on appointment schedule.
- FNP/ ANP will perform cardiac stress test (treadmill test or exercise test)
- Monitoring patients while the treadmill speed is gradually increased
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program
- Must be NY state licensed to practice as an advanced practitioner
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Active certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of computer-based health data management programs and information systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA
- Experience providing cardiovascular care as a family nurse practitioner