Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Nurse Practitioner (FNP or ANP) for one of our family practice offices located in Queens, New York. We are looking for a NP that wants to work on a per diem basis for 1 to 2 Saturdays per month.
The Nurse Practitioner shall provide occupational health care services and education to clients based upon their medical and psychosocial needs. Provision of services shall be in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations and in compliance with the client’s Bill of Rights.
Location: Queens, NY
Setting: Family Practice Office
Job Type: Per Diem
Hours: 1-2 Saturdays per month 8am-2pm
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides quality occupational health care services to clients in accordance with generally accepted standards of professional practice and the policies of the center.
- Reviews all medical histories of clients upon initial visit to the center and thereafter as appropriate.
- Coordinates onsite medical care and onsite medical interventions as needed.
- Participates in the center’s performance improvement program that includes a planned and systematic process for monitoring and assessing the quality and appropriateness of patient care and clinical performance.
- Knowledgeable about occupational health policies and regulations which may affect patient care programs.
- Available to participate in center’s in-service training programs.
- Completes accurate and timely submission of all clinical and professional records in the EMR to assure compliance with local, state, federal regulatory, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Work to create a positive work culture with cross departmental teams and align this work with other health care initiatives.
- Utilizes established channels of communication and supports team building efforts.
- Participates in quarterly performance improvement committee meetings.
- Graduate of an accredited program as a registered nurse. Master’s degree required.
- At least 2 years of FNP experience
- Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Nurse and certified as an Adult, Family Nurse Practitioner by the New York State Education Department.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills and customer service skills.
- Good computer literacy skills with the ability to process automated health records accurately.