Family Nurse Practitioner – FNP
New York, NY
Growing Medical practice in mid-town Manhattan is seeking to add a Family Nurse Practitioner to their group. Candidate can expect a M-F schedule with one Saturday a month (4 hours). This position offers a competitive base salary and benefits package including malpractice insurance, PTO, paid holidays, 401(K) and medical insurance.
- Obtain and document patient history as appropriate to chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Conduct relevant physical exam and evaluate patient, documenting pertinent positive and negative findings.
- Diagnose and treat disease and manage chronic illness.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with New York State and federal law, with no expectation to prescribe controlled substances.
- Order appropriate laboratory, radiological and special examinations or tests; interpret results.
- Provide preventative health services, including health education and counseling.
- Collaborate with other clinicians and staff members to ensure continuity of care of patients.
- Perform other job-related duties as required. Staff educational programs and meetings.
- Close patient gaps in care, e.g. HEDIS, hospital follow-up care, patient goal-setting.
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York
- Must have Board certification by the ANCC or AANP
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills