Job Title: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Family Nurse Practitioner for a community health center located in Brooklyn, NY. This is a full time permanent position that starts immediately.
The FNP should be comfortable working with newborns, toddlers, 5-12 years of age, pre-teens, teens, young adults, adults and geriatrics. FNP will see on average two (2) patients per hour.
The FNP provides adult (including women’s health) and pediatric health care services; which include preventive activities such as screenings, comprehensive health assessments, diagnosis and treatment of minor, acute and chronic medical conditions.
12pm-8pm Monday and Wednesday
8:30am-4:30pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides high quality health care screening through interview and examination of patients; formulates diagnosis and institutes treatment based on objective data gathered, makes referrals as indicated (i.e. specialty clinics).
- Participates in regular chart reviews and other activities consistent with the role as a primary care clinician maintaining a clinical practice. Performs all procedures and duties applicable to private practice in an office setting
- Works with the other members of the team to promote and maintain a high quality of medical care for the patients of the community health center. Coordinates patient care with other clinical providers.
- Responsible for meeting monthly utilization goal.
- Enforces and contributes to the policies and procedure manual
- Participates in on-call schedule
- Regularly consults with the Associate Medical Director and the Nurse Manager regarding the performance of the clinical staff to assure compliance with policies, procedures and objectives
- Through coordination with Patient Care Coordinator and Nurse Manager, ensures clinical practice compliance with Managed Care/HMO, and Federal and State guidelines.
- Licensed to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- New grad NPs encouraged to apply. Must be highly motivated to learn and train.
- Bilingual a plus but not required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.