Job Title: Director of Program Operations/Quality Assurance
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Director of Program Operations / Quality Assurance for one of our substance abuse facility clients located in Brooklyn, New York. This will be a full-time position.
- The Director of Programs Operations and Quality Assurance monitors the adequacy and/or appropriateness of program policies related to administrative and other non-clinical staffing.
- Ensures the agency is in compliance with daily Human Resources (Department of Labor/OASAS) and OSHA regulations.
- Ensures that daily program support staffing and facilities meet quality standards, as defined in statutes and regulations of governing authorities.
- Provides managerial oversight of daily program support staff to ensure efficient and effective practices take place.
- Monitors the Code of Conduct/Code of Ethics that support the delivery of quality client care and services at both sites.
- Monitor, maintain and implement compliance policies consistent with governing authorities included but not limited to OASAS and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- Develop protocols to monitor and oversee efficiency and cost effectiveness of vendor contracts including but not limited to OASAS Minor Maintenance, Food Vendors and Office Supplies. Provide monthly reports and recommendations to the Executive Director
- Develop a system in collaboration with Human Resources to manage and administer all aspects of health and welfare plans. Implement on boarding package for all new employees including but not limited to OASAS background checks
- Develop in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services and Executive Director protocols to obtain Managed Care Contracts, Compliance Plan and create a system of sustainability
- Evaluate and implement in service training to attain and maintain established operational procedures that are consistent with Department of Labor, Human Resources federal, state and local regulations
- Develop protocols that ensure adequate coverage and office staffing adjusting for absences; screen interview and recommend the hiring of prospective student interns in related non clinical departments
- Develop and maintain a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment that supports achieving the overall mission and core values
- Plan and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; established performance requirements and personal development targets; monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development
- Provide administrative support in special projects; perform special studies and coordinate special projects as requested; prepare special reports and other materials as directed. Conduct research and compile data and other information
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services to ensure a continuous work flow between related departments. Understand the role as part of an executive team and lead by example a model of collaboration, respect and service
- The position may require the performance of other essential and non-essential job duties in addition to those enumerated above which will be determined at the discretion of management.
Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- LMSW, LMHC
- Office administrative and management practices and procedures in OASAS programs
- Knowledge of health care administration systems.
- Ability to perform under pressure, work independently and strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Flexibility with work schedule
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to persons with extensive Substance Use Disorder history, HIV/AIDS, and mental health treatment.
- Proven competence in third-party billing (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills required. This individual must be able to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team and other executive staff.