Director of Clinical Operations
RN - Registered Nurse
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Registered Nurse for one of our clinic clients located in Queens, NY. The RN will be the Director of Clinical Operations for the clinic. You will work closely with the President, Medical Director, the Director of Nursing and other senior staff to ensure the provision of safe, efficient, quality patient care. The RN will also ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Supervises and directs all clinical services.
- Meets with the President at least weekly and collaborates with the President on strategic planning, program stability, program development, and program expansion.
- Coordinates with the Medical Director, the Quality Assurance and Risk Management Programs.
- Assists the Medical Director with the Medical Staff Credentialing Program.
- Works closely with the Senior Staff and the Medical Director in a collegial capacity to stimulate group interaction and group problem solving.
- Ensures adequate staffing for all areas; recruits, hires and fires to maintain staffing levels.
- Evaluates supplies and equipment needs and ensures adequate amounts to provide safe effective care. Establishes and adheres to an approved budget for supplies and equipment.
- Ensures a continuing preventive maintenance program for all equipment, in collaboration, as necessary, with the Director of Patient Services.
- Assures that all complaints are investigated, with follow-up and reports; ensures that Patient’s Rights are adhered to.
- Reports reportable Incidents to the New York State Department of Health, adhering to the 5 and 45 Day Reporting Requirements; reports the same information internally to the President and the CQI/RM Committee.
- Ensures 24 Hour coverage for the Clinical Services; including scheduling of on-call coverage and follow up of on call taken via the on-call log and individual patient charts.
- Coordinates educational programs for the staff; approves off-site educational programs; provides education to the staff; and, conducts staff meetings.
- Coordinates the development, review, revision, implementation, interpretation, and monitoring of Policies and Procedures to ensure that Policies and Procedures are current, complete, code compliant, and reflective of the standards of care
- Serves as an assistant to the Medical Director, the Chairperson of the Quality Improvement Committee.
- Conducts routine environmental rounds throughout the Center; addresses negative findings, as appropriate, and reports the findings and actions taken at the QA Committee meeting.
- Interacts with all Center Consultants (Pharmacy Consultant, Medical Records Consultant and the Infection Control Consultant), regarding reports and recommendations.
- Maintains the Center in compliance with New York City and New York State Regulations by implementing the QA Program, implementing and monitoring new Regulations and monitoring established Standards of Care/ Policies and Procedures.
- Implements and maintains the requirements for accreditation of the Center by AAAHC.
- Represents the Center in meetings with and inspections by, all regulatory agencies.
- Provides clinical expertise and serves as a resource to the President.
- Serves as the medical-legal liaison with the Compliance Director for Risk Management issues.
- As necessary, provides direct patient care in all areas.
- Current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Prior experience in peri-operative nursing in a management position with a minimum of five (5) years experience.
- BLS Certification
- Accomplished record in working independently in clinical management in maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements, and performs well under pressure.