Direct Care Worker
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for Direct Care Workers in Suffolk County and Nassau County (Long Island) as well as the five boroughs of NYC to assist Not-For-Profit Organizations.
- Flexible Hours - There are shifts available 7 days a week 7am3 pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am.
- We offer full-time, part-time, and per diem (as needed).
- All of Long Island and the 5 boroughs of New York.
Individuals only need six (6) months of experience working with Developmentally Disabled. If you are interested in this field, now is the perfect time to APPLY!
Why Become a Direct Care Worker?
To make a difference - Build relationships with the consumers in the group homes you are working at. Enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with knowing you are enhancing an individual's life.
To build a career - Direct Care Workers may be able to use their knowledge and experience gain to pursue careers in Nursing or Social work. They may also choose to stay in Direct Care and seek Supervisory positions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist/monitor/teach individuals with preparation of daytime activities; encourage good personal hygiene, and behavior appropriate in their home or apartment.
- Assist Direct Care Supervisor in the assessment of each individual (s) abilities, interests and need areas toward independent living.
- Assist Direct Care Supervisor in the development of each individual support plan. Staff behavior and interaction with individuals shall be directed towards the attainment of goals set forth within each individual support plan.
- Assist/monitor/teach individuals(s) in budgeting skills.
- CPR Certification
- Physical exam from the past year
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months with the developmentally disabled population.