Horizon Healthcare Staffing
Detox Licensed Practical Nurse
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Detox LPN for one of our clients located in Union, New Jersey.
- Per Diem
- 6 and 12 hour shifts available
- Union, NJ
- Detox LPN
- Must keep up with current knowledge of research and activity in the area of substance abuse, dual diagnosis and nursing.
- Follow all standards of care per the practice standards of the profession
- This organization assigns responsibility for the management of infection prevention and control activities to those medically qualified.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures including those pertaining to medical services, medication management and HIPPA guidelines.
- Perform Nursing Admission Assessment according to accepted standards of nursing.
- Timely return of inquiries from patients, such as for reported side effects from medication, questions about medication or their plans of care, refusals of recommended medications or calls from other providers.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Produces and maintains the Medication Observation Records sheets for each client based on doctor's orders and revises as necessary.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient/department records
- Seek supervision and direction from Medical Director, Nurse Practitioner and/or RN when observation of client's medical status renders medical intervention beyond scope of practice or expertise.
- Provide training / supervision to behavioral health technicians and assigned team members that observe client’s self-administration of medication
- Minimum two (2) years' experience with chemical dependency, psychiatric, detox, medical surgical nursing and/or dual diagnosis substance abuse programs
- Great communication skills
- Experience and skills in the use of electronic medical records (EMR)
- Ability to be supervised by a physician
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Maintain all licenses and certifications as required of the position
- LPN License in New Jersey