Middlesex County School District
COVID-19 Saliva Testing
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for per diem dedicated and reliable LPNs and RNs to participate in COVID-19 Saliva Testing Clinics within a school district located in Middlesex County.
Clinics are held Monday through Friday twice a month and scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subjective to the nurse's personal schedule. This allows for countless opportunities to pick up extra shifts, hours, and income on a per diem basis.
Nursing staff will be conducting and directly overseeing saliva collection of both school staff and students within 3 stations;
Intake & Check in:
- Nurses at this station will confirm personnel identification, appointments, and admittance to the next station
Preparation & Testing:
- This station will be equipped with tables where boxes of pre-packaged saliva sample-collection test tubes, and pre-generated lab saliva sample testing slips and labels are present for each personnel. Nurse will instruct personnel on how to collect their saliva sample. Once sample collection is completed, nurse will direct personnel out of testing area to the discharge station.
- Nurses will provide personnel with follow up instructions, answer any remaining questions or concerns, accept comments, and direct the flow of traffic out of the testing space.
All stations will be set up in accordance with Covid-19 precautions related to social distancing, air flow, droplet precaution and ability for disinfection. Each station will have the proper PPE. Nurses working at any station could be interacting and directly working with potential COVID-19 positive cases.
- Associate's and/or bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Active NJ Registered Nurse (RN) or (LPN) license
- BLS certification