Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for COVID-19 Contact Tracer Registered Nurses in Suffolk County. The two locations we need Contact Tracers in is East Islip and Hauppauge.
- The hours are 830am-6pm 4 days a week OR
- 10am-6pm 5 days a week.
- Nurses must work on a Saturday or a Sunday.
The aim of the Contact Tracers will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact.
The Contact Tracer will call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, determine exposure, assess symptoms, refer for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for isolation or quarantine. Contact Tracers will maintain ongoing communication with contacts to assess symptoms, ensure compliance with quarantine and determine social support needs and/or handle reporting of issues that arise. Contact Tracers are required to follow set scripts and adhere to policies and procedures provided by NYS including confidential information.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed cases.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner maintaining emotional and cultural awareness.
- Collect and record information on symptoms and needs with accuracy.
- Provide contacts with approved information about NYS isolation and quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Community Support Specialist for social resources.
- Follow a set script to inform contacts about the importance of isolation or quarantine and what to do if symptoms are present or develop.
- RN License in New York