Horizon Healthcare Staffing currently has ongoing job assignments in Skilled Nursing Facilities in Nassau County and Suffolk County.
In recent years, New York has made it mandatory to become certified when practicing occupational therapy as an assistant. The abbreviation for a certified occupational therapy assistant is most commonly known as a COTA. The main purpose of the COTA is to assist the occupational therapist in the treatment of a patient. COTAs can work in skilled nursing facilities, school districts, private practices, or different organizations.
As part of our therapy department, we currently have excellent COTA jobs available on Long Island. This is an ongoing position. If you are interested, we can have you working immediately. You will be working within a skilled nursing facility. Please take a look at the COTA job details below to see if this could be the perfect fit for you.
Position Type: Ongoing
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8am-4pm
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Nassau County and Suffolk County
COTA Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
- Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient’s problems.
- Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
- Consistently report to therapist patient progress/status to allow for update of goals and modification of treatment program.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in occupational therapy assistant
- Valid New York State license
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to work well with others
New grads encouraged to apply!