Job Title: Certified School Nurse
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is in search of a Certified School Nurse for a High School located in Morris County, NJ. The main duty of a school RN is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff members by assuming a leadership role in the development and implementation of a school health program.
- Cooperates with school personnel in the development and implementation of the school health program.
- Cooperates with teachers and administrators in developing and participating in a program of classroom health instruction.
- Conducts school programs of immunizations, physical examinations and other health screenings such as: Scoliosis, Vision, Audiometric, Height & Weight Screening.
- Maintains up-to-date State and local health records on all students.
- Assumes responsibility for the temporary care of a student or staff member suffering injury or emergency illness.
- Attends to personal/medical care needs of the student when and if necessary, including lifting and transfers to and from toilet, wheelchairs and adapted chairs or seating equipment and assisting student in the use of adaptive personal/medical care equipment as needed.
- Accompanies children on field trips, including physical assistance for ambulation or wheelchair mobility.
- Contacts the homes of children regarding absenteeism or for further health referral.
- Prepares reports as may be required by Federal, State of local guidelines.
- Participates in professional growth activities related to the improvement of knowledge and skills.
- Assumes responsibility for the administration of medication.
- Initiates and maintains an individualized health plan on appropriate students.
- Maintains an inventory of all nursing/medical supplies and equipment. Prepares and submits requisitions for supplies/equipment to Program Administrator and/or Superintendent of Schools.
- Performs such other nursing/health related duties as may be required by the Program Administrator and Superintendent of Schools.
- Possess or be eligible for certification as a school nurse
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Must be able to perform physical work, which may require frequent bending and lifting.
- Independently lift up to 25 lbs. or with assistance over 25 lbs.
- Independently carry up to 25 lbs. or with assistance over 25 lbs.
- Such additional qualifications as the Board of Education may deem appropriate.
- Current CPR certification.