Certified Medical Assistant – Urgent Care
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for Medical Assistants for Urgent Care Facilities located in Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn and Nassau County, Long Island. The Medical Assistant should be enthusiastic and customer service oriented.
- 12 hour shifts
- Monday through Friday and weekends available
- Urgent Care Facility
- Long Island, Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn
In a collaborative manner, the Medical Assistant will provide support to the Medical Providers, Radiologic Technologist, and patients through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to patient care management, organization and communication.
- Greet patients, assist patients with signing in and completing paperwork.
- Enter demographic and insurance information and scan documents into the patient’s Electronic Medical Record.
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefit information.
- Collect payments and inform patients about insurance benefits.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner. Direct calls and take messages.
- Faxing, filing and other administrative duties as needed.
- Scheduling appointments for patients and obtaining authorization for diagnostic testing.
- Sending patient's records to Primary Care Physician.
- Take vital signs.
- Perform basic lab testing and EKGs.
- Document patient encounter in EMR.
- Prepare exam rooms for patients.
- Prepare specimens for transport to lab.
- Assist clinicians with patient care.
- Perform lab quality assurance.
- Restock and maintain inventory of exam rooms, lab and storage rooms.
- Place outgoing phone calls to patients for follow up care and handle incoming phone calls from patients.
- NYS certified Medical Assistant
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree or some college coursework completed preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance carriers and managed care plans preferred.
- EMR experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Medical office experience preferred; Urgent Care experience highly desired.
- Experience with vital signs required.
- Experience with basic lab testing, EKG and quality assurance required.