Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Physician Assistant to lead a cardiology practice located in New York, NY. This is a permanent position. The main purpose of the role is to support and supervise cardiac PET and SPECT testing.
This position offers a competitive salary based on skills and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, CME reimbursement, malpractice insurance, vacation, contributory 401(k), and Transitchek.
Reporting to the President/Chief Medical Officer, the Physician Assistant will be responsible for managing all aspects of patient preparation and supervision for PET, SPECT and other cardiac testing. The PA will supervise Medical Assistants in preparing patients, taking histories and monitoring patients through the tests. The Physician Assistant will be expected to perform, as well as assist physicians and other practitioners in, the supervision of stress testing, completion of relevant paperwork, and patient follow up.
- Oversee all aspects of patient preparation for dedicated cardiac PET and SPECT stress tests
- Provide advice and guidance to Medical Assistants
- Use computer modeling to assess pre-test likelihood of CAD
- Obtain patient history and physical
- Assist physicians with stress test supervision
- Administer medications to patients
- Provide support to the operations of the practice by maintaining medical equipment and keeping examination rooms properly supplied and ready for patients
- Interact with patients and other physician offices to assist with follow up, appointments, and patient and physician questions
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant training program
- Current licensure as a Registered Physician Assistant with the New York State Office of the Professions
- Current certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Bachelor's degree