Bilingual Spanish School Social Worker (LMSW)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing
Bilingual Spanish School Social Worker - LMSW
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for bilingual Spanish LMSW / Social Workers for schools located in Queens, NY & Bronx, NY. The Social Worker serves as a liaison between students, school personnel, families, and outside resources. Responsible for providing counseling to students with significant social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Assist students with academic learning by providing strategic services that identify and address issues that interfere with the educational process.
- 1-5 days a week
- Start ASAP!
The duties and responsibilities of the Social Worker – will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in Initial Evaluation and Intake processes.
- Develops initial and annual social service summary on each student on his/her caseload including appropriate recommendations.
- Assists families in obtaining services such as housing and residential placement, food stamps, Medicaid, Assistive Technology services; respite services; family reimbursement services; camp, vacation referrals, etc.
- Integrates therapeutic intervention techniques into school programs or home of students served through consultation with parent/guardian and staff at meetings, case conferences or through other informal contacts.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and annual reviews for purposes of planning, implementation and monitoring of IFSP/IEP’s.
- Facilitates communication with family and/or caregivers concerning issues such as attendance, transportation, medical status and clearance, etc.
- Documents status of all active cases.
- Assists with other duties such as arrival and dismissal, feeding, bathrooming and classroom management as needed.
- Communicates with staff about goals, rights of persons receiving services, confidentiality, family interaction, etc
- Participates in activities pertaining to student transitioning.
- Participates in in-service training programs as required.
- Provides supervision and training for Social Work Assistants and less experienced Social Workers.
- Makes regular home visits to families on case load.
- Attends professional meetings and conferences.
- Ability to analyze problems and determine corrective actions
- 1+ years of Social Worker experience
- New York State Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Have excellent listening and verbal skills
Comments are closed.