Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) for one of our clients located in Morris County, NJ. This is a permanent, full time position within a Catholic Women’s Congregation.
Hours: Day shift. 40 hrs. a week but must be flexible and available to cover any other shift. Every other weekend required
Benefits: Health, dental,401K and PTO
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director of Nursing collaborates with the Director of Nursing (DON) in coordinating and overseeing the provision of health care for each Sister, in addition to supervising the health care staff. This person must be able and willing to collaborate with many people and service lines. It is imperative that compassionate care is combined with a strong work ethic and astute nursing and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify health concerns, status changes and safety issues of the Sisters and respond in a timely and efficient manner.
- Function as a staff nurse by working clinically at least 24 hours per week, with the remaining 16 hours spent doing special projects and staff supervision under the guidance of the DON.
- Assist the DON with assessing the medical needs of each Sister on a routine basis.
- Assist the DON with educating and training the health care staff on annual competencies and new skills.
- Assist the DON to develop and enforce nursing policies.
- Ensure that all nursing supplies and over-the-counter medications are adequately stocked and available.
- Set standards for proper infection control and safety precautions.
- Act as a mentor to all staff in an individualized approach to each Sister’s needs and condition.
- Take call during times when the DON is off campus.
- Assist the DON in overseeing the process of scheduling and staffing matrix.
- Ultimately responsible for securing nursing coverage for the facility.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the DON.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Jersey
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a long-term care facility, management experience preferred but not required
- Strong clinical background in direct patient care of adults
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Compassionate, competent nurse with the ability to problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and able to navigate a basic Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Knowledge and implementation of Infection Control measures as applicable
- BLS for Healthcare Providers certification