School Nurse Job in the Bronx
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse for our school districts in the Bronx. These districts are part of the NYC Department of Education. The school nurse must have at least two years of experience in the school setting or pediatric setting. Our positions offer flexible hours with great pay. Please take a look at the details of the position below, and if you think you are a good fit, apply online. One of our recruiters will contact you shortly after your resume submission.
The School Nurse provides health services for students and staff and act as advocates, liaisons, and consultants on health related issues for students, families and school personnel. They are an integral part of the school program in supporting an optimum physical, mental, emotional and social climate for all students and staff. The services provided by the School Nurse include: health care delivery, health counseling, and health program and policy development
School Nurse Job Details:
- Substitute nursing (per diem)
- 1:1 cases (full-time)
- School nurse escort cases morning and or afternoons
- Hourly mornings and/or afternoons
- School nurse orientation offered
- Very competitive hourly rates
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information as required by NYS Department of Health.
- Preparing and monitoring Health Office budget.